CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Lily the Cheesy is Hot!

100.6 degrees worth of hot. My son brought home this lovely flu/bronchitis and bestowed it upon me.
My book is also at least warm right now. Last year I got 6 requests for reviews all told. Within the past 2 weeks I've been hammered with requests for reviews. This means I'll have to order more books because that expense is on a self-published author. They are ordered in lots of 5 and are $11 apiece. I currently have five. I'm going to need 27 all told. I will somehow have to pull about $350 out of my ass (including postage) to get them. I am probably going to have to beg my parents for money. That is a feeling that I just despise. But since this could mean that the book could actually start selling, since there's no such thing as bad publicity, it's worth getting out my knee pads and puckering up while placing the parental booty in the proper position.
That sounds way grosser than it actually is. I'm only implying that sometimes even those of us who are sworn non-buttkissers must kiss butt.
Now pardon me while I hack up a lung.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always knew that the cheese is hot! You are damn right - review means publicity, means more curious people, means more buyers. I am glad to hear that it seemingly starts to work - knocked on wood three times.

Hack-a-lung? "Saures Lünger'l" is an austrian speciality I refuse to eat, you would understand if you had to see that. Where's the bucket ...

If it is yellow you need antibiotics!

Lily Strange said...

Hi Mago,
No there's no creepy yellow phlegm. Just occasional coughing fits and I'm a hunka hunka burnin' sicko! I let fevers burn because it kills the infection quicker but man, it's hot in here! Or at least I'm hot in here. And that's the only time you'll hear me say that.
A delicacy which my father loves but my son is horrified by to this day is "head cheese." And then there is souse loaf, another hideous deli meat. I wonder if your Austrian delicacy is anything like these.

Anonymous said...

Looked up "head cheese", it is actually meat from the swine's head in gelatine, in German that is "Presskopf" (literally "pressed head") and pieces of meat or vegetables in gelatine is called a "Sülze" - there is the word "Salz" in it, salt. As I read in the wikipedia-article "souse" is the word for "Sülze" in the pennsylvanian dutch.

No, I referred to "Saure Lunge" or "Beuscherl" in Austrian. That is lung. It looks, well ... "Do you want to eat that or did you already ... ?" Like a plate of vomit. Compared to this swine-tongue in gelatine is happy-go-lucky-easy-munching-stuff. It just came to my imagination because of "hack-a-lung", well that describes it well. It belongs in the category "Great kitchen desasters" with an extra-prize!

Cie Cheesemeister said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
yellowdoggranny said...

my friend bubba is reading your book...good luck with the asskissing...but maybe it will pay off with lots more sales...

Amanda said...

Damn, you ARE hot. Sounds like that horrible illness I had a month ago. I can understand why you want the fever to run its course, but nothing wrong with placing some cold wet towels on a few strategic positions!

Hobbes said...

Sounds like good news. Get well soon.