CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 11, 2008

5 things

I have stolen this meme from Mrs. Weirdso.

5 things in your bag:
Mrs. Weirdso said: "I try not to carry a handbag. I believe that handbags, stockings, and high heels are patriarchal implements for oppressing women."

I agree about the stockings and high heels--especially the high heels! And push up bras go on that list too, as do girdles worn for anything but medical reasons. And mini skirts. But then again, so do the old fashioned Victorian outfits that covered a person from head to toe. And so do the clothes in Arab countries that cover even a woman's face. The list could go on and on and on.
For me, though, a handbag is simply a tool to carry all the crap I need to have with me so my pants don't end up falling down because my pockets are so full! Mine doubles as a brief case. I like it better than a brief case because it leaves my hands free. The bigger the handbag, the happier I am. Those stupid little clutch purses are totally useless and do NOT leave my hands free. Besides, if someone tried to steal it, I could clobber him with it and knock him cold.
My handbag might be better known as a knapsack. So here are five things in my knapsack.
1. My "fanny pack" which holds my money, debit cards, business cards, daytimer, chap stick, and pens.
2. My coupon holder/receipt keeper
3. Tax paperwork
4. A gris gris bag with some herbs and good luck charms
5. My medicine bag
5 favorite things in your room:
I honestly don't sleep in a bedroom. I have PTSD because I was sexually assaulted on Halloween night in 2007 by my ex boyfriend. I don't have problems with Halloween, because the party I had gone to didn't really have a Halloween theme, it had a drunken idiot theme. To make a long story short, I drove back to my apartment (drove drunk, stupid asshole!) so I could get my ex boyfriend out of there before he started trouble. Long story. His car was at my apartment. I thought he had gone and I fell asleep with my clothes on. Woke up with them off and him on top of me. I have trouble sleeping in a bed because of it. I sleep on the couch even though it wrecks my back.
,
My favorite things in the "living room" are:
2. My stuffed animals
3. My idiot cats
4. My rabbit Daria
5. The television. I have a love-hate relationship with it. I keep it on when I sleep so outside noises don't disrupt me.
The dogs aren't on this list because they have to be behind a gate while I'm sleeping or they'll destroy the house.

5 things you have always wanted to do:

1. Make money off my writing
2. Make money off my affiliate work
3. Have my own land where I could have some small livestock like chickens, ducks, geese and goats.
4. Go to Europe and Hawaii
5. Make the world a better damn place. I know how trite that sounds, but I actually mean it.

5 things you are currently into:

1. Writing my second book
2. Spiritual development
3. Starting working out a little again
4. Writing insane, off the wall comedy stuff (see Rattling Bones Undead Musician Magazine and UNDEAD for a sample.)
5. Trying to educate people about mental illness

I'm not tagging. PANSI and Axe Man already tagged some of you for their meems and meams. Do not disappoint them!

3 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

i used to carry a ton of shit in my purse..then i went thru a bare minimum in my purse..now im back to a bunch of useless shit in my purse...

Anonymous said...

Very informative. I like mini-skirts, though. In fact a certain black leather one may be partially responsible for ensnaring Dr. Weirsdo.

Cie Cheesemeister said...

Well, there the end justifies the means! ;-)
I'm funny with mini skirts. Not that I even try to wear them at my current weight, but when I was younger I would wear them with leggings, leotards, or shorts underneath! Not one to flash the guys my skivvies--I'd rather just hang a moon!