CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 8, 2008

He's 18

Happy 18th birthday to my son, Michael.

I got one of those packets at the grocery store for a prepaid debit card and went online to activate it. Of course according to them, Michael doesn't exist since he has no credit history. It's easy enough to send them a copy of his driver's license, but they also want a copy of a utility bill in his name. That's a problem, as the utility bills are in my name. Groan! I'll have to call them tomorrow and find out what to do.
In the meantime I will post my favorite 18th birthday song. I wanted to create a CD of songs for him, but the CD drive in this otherwise great used computer doesn't work. I'll probably have to go get one of those mini drives tomorrow and let him transfer the songs to his computer and burn his own CD. Ah well...
Here's Alice Cooper from 1971, when Alice wasn't much more than 18 himself and was smashed all the time. Cheers!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Michael!

Hobbes said...

Many happy returns, Michael!

tsduff said...

I just read an article about the horrors of buying a supposed "gift" card... there are usually a million strings attached - hidden fees, you need to give them all your person information, and it winds up costing more than you paid already! Happy Birthday to the kiddo!

Cie Cheesemeister said...

Thanks Folks. :-)

yellowdoggranny said...

happy birthday..remember today is the first day of the rest of your life....
so don't fuck it up..