CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 28, 2008

The Case of the Exploding Egg

I have a microwave egg poacher that does the job in around a minute. Sometimes while the egg is cooking there will be a little "pop," sometimes a louder pop. But today there was a huge explosion. The lid of the poacher was blown off and the egg was slammed against the back of the microwave. Although it was a mess I couldn't help but say "Cool!"
I'm easily entertained early in the morning after work.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Works with sausage too. Anything with a closed surface. Pierce or pop.

yellowdoggranny said...

that's exactly what i say when something odd or remarkable in a weird way happens...


'cool'...

The Lazy Iguana said...

You can hard boil eggs in a microwave, but - and this is VERY IMPORTANT - the egg must be under water. The water soaks up the microwaves, so the egg does not explode.

Once, when I was amused by pointing out stupid things, I put a few eggs in a store display microwave. Why the plugged the display model in is a mystery to me.

I set the timer to 10 minutes, the power to "hi" and stuck 6 eggs in the thing.

6 explosions. Egg everywhere. The timer kept on ticking away.

The mess was cooked onto the inside of the microwave. I do not think it was possible to clean it out.

I also used to type "format c:" and press enter on store display computers. The Office Depot by my house went so far as to delete the format command, but I would just bring in a floppy disk.

Lily Strange said...

Usually the design of the poacher presents this from happening. But this was a Suicide Bomber egg. It was determined to explode and it wounded the poacher in doing so!
Iguana, you have an evil streak! Look in your hair for the 666 on your scalp.
I once had this teacher that I absolutely hated. I didn't even have to do anything intricate to make his life miserable. One day I just locked his file drawer by pressing the little button at the top. The dumb ass couldn't find the key. He never suspected me because he thought I was a wimp since he had me in tears all the time. A complete sadist--should never have been teaching kids.

The Lazy Iguana said...

Lily - Was I evil, or was the store stupid for plugging in a display microwave?

Locking the file cabinet was a classic move. Well done. He had to drill the lock out to open it.

The funniest thing would have been to make a horrible stink bomb. They are easy to make. You have the stuff at some now. All you need is a plastic bag, some eggs, some milk, some sugar (bacteria food), broccoli, and some sort of meat. Put it all in a bag and bury it for a week or two.

Then rig the cabinet so that when you open it, the stench is released. And then lock the door :)

THAT is evil. But funny.

I made a stink bomb that cleared out an entire wing of the school. The fire department had to set up those fans they use to remove smoke from a building to clear out the classroom.

Nobody ratted me out for some reason. I only did it because someone else said it was impossible to make a stink bomb of such magnitude as to clear out an entire wing.