CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Financial Crap

I wrote this in response to this financial article on MSN. It was about goals for eliminating debt.
I am pretty well in deep doo-doo financially, but will try to pay off or at least make a payment on one bad item on my credit report every month. It's about all I can do for right now.
I like M.P.'s writing style better than that of many other financial columnists. She seems like she's "one of the folks," not a patronizing holier than thou financial wizard who looks down their nose at folks who are living paycheck to paycheck out of necessity.
I was going to say something else, but...ACK! The oxygen supply to my brain was temporarily cut off. Yeah. That's it. I also forgot my damn lunch tonight. Ended up calling my son and telling him to put the chicken breast I left in the plastic sack by the door back in the refrigerator so the cats wouldn't eat it. It will be a night of glorious nutritional value a la vending machine, I guess.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have a machine there that makes hot soup? Some of the cafe-chocolate-cookers also give hot soup. And then there is Snickers and any kind of small cake ... it helps to make it through the night, and chicken is for breakfast!

Lily Strange said...

No hot soup machine--not even a coffee machine. I ended up having very nutritious chocolate cupcakes--that I had to pay double for! The god damn vending machine wouldn't release the package at the last minute. I'm starting to wonder what deity I offended.

The Lazy Iguana said...

You know what is the BEST coffee machine? A French Press. You do not need an automatic drip machine.

Percolators also work very well.

It just so happens that these two methods are the cheapest way to prepare coffee.

Sometimes people get into debt through little fault of their own. There credit agencies that can help consolidate debt, and maybe even negotiate a settlement that makes some of the debt go away. Of course negotiating debt away is not good for your credit, but then again neither is defaulting.

Anonymous said...

After years of experiment I found out the the simplest way to make a good coffee is the best. Coffee-powder not too fine, one big spoon, in colander, a bit of salt, hot water. Yes there is sediment in the cup, but that is why you have a glass of water with the cafe going. I ad condensed milk or a drip of cream, no sugar. The cheap rough from the local supermarket is the best, real tasty.
Need two cups in the morning to become a human. In earlier and worse times I had two self-made-cigarettes with that, but I am not 16 anymore ...

yellowdoggranny said...

no one understands finance..no one..