CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Quandry

I have to come up with cheap (free, really) ways to promote the book and one of my ideas is through blogging. I lay down a new chapter once a week on the book blog. Hopefully this will entice some fuckers out there to buy the thing. And maybe some non-fuckers too. I also have a blog about "Lily's" thoughts. Lily is a bit of a fucker herself. She's an "alter ego." Unlike me, who is exceedingly sensitive, she is perfectly capable of being a callous asshole.
The third blog in the "Lily" series is about the promotion end of being an author. Hopefully other prospective authors will be able to learn from my frustrations.
While this might read like I have dissociative identity disorder, I don't. This is simply a clarification. I communicate with a lot of people who have dissociative identity disorder. They have several very interesting personalities. I, on the other hand describe myself as having a fractured personality. "I" am one person with several aspects--all of them shitty. "Lily" is part of me, but she's also a mask I can put on. A person with DID doesn't have the choice. Different personalities will come out depending on the situation. Sometimes the other personalities are conscious of what's going on at the time that a given personality is expressing, sometimes not. I'm not really sure why my soul didn't fracture into multiple personalities given my history, but it didn't.
I keep the "Cheesemeister" blogs hidden because I have to be able to express myself uncensored. The humor blogs, for instance the Death Cheese blog and the Crappy Times are raw and outrageous. Most people don't get my sense of humor. I need to be able to do this kind of stuff without criticism. It is my therapy. I also have a psych blog that I keep separate where I can express the worst parts of my psych issues. I prefer to keep this blog kind of light hearted. I talk about personal issues but usually not details of my mental illness. It's too depressing.
I honestly don't know where all this is going. I've started school again, and once again I'm doing way too much. That always ends me up in deep doo doo.
In other useless news, I may be the only person I know that can eat an entire grapefruit at one sitting. But I know for a fact it ain't grapefruit that made me wide on the backside. That would be due to the fact that I can eat an entire medium pizza by myself--and used to do so fairly regularly. Things of that nature. I now keep those individual pizzas on hand. That way I can still eat an entire pizza, but it doesn't do as much damage!

9 comments:

Hobbes said...

Good luck! We are still reading your book, but are more than halfway through, thanks to the recent vacation. We are looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
What's his name never returned to our blog. We try not to beat ourselves up over it.
Mall Diva is currently WAY into Stouffer's French Bread Pizzas, but they are sort of pricey.

Cie Cheesemeister said...

I hope you're enjoying it, Hobbes!
I think the Idiot (Dingleberry as the Lazy Iguana refers to him) gets put off by anything creative. He makes his inane remarks regarding personal insights. The thing that made me start seeing him as a threat rather than an annoyance was the way he would always make sexualized commentary. I had actually befriended him at one point, because I felt sorry for him. There's a lesson--being a pity friend is as stupid as tossing someone a pity schtoink. It's one thing to sympathize with someone who has problems, it's another thing to befriend someone whom lots of people have expressed disgust towards--including people who are normally very polite and tolerant. He gets off on being an asshole. So being creative is a good thing for more than one reason--idiots like that just don't get it!
He once complained about the Death Cheese blog, saying that he just didn't understand it, that it was too dark and he wanted to "change me" and make me stop thinking that way. WTF?? So you don't understand it--good! Then don't read it! But you want to "change me??" Ewww--no! That really creeped me out. Sorry to rant on and on...I'm just glad he's gone.
He's the one person that I did NOT want promoting my book--he'd never even read it and yet he had the audacity to complain about how dark it was and tell me I needed to write something lighter. He promoted it so I'd be nice to him, and I relented until he made the comment that he was sorry a priest had molested my cousin (my ass he was) but if he couldn't get sex he would probably do something much worse. That made me beyond ill. Maybe I'm too sensitive, but I can't abide people like that. I hated blowing up the old blog but I feel a lot better speaking my mind now.
And that's enough rant for about a month, I think!

Amanda said...

I've yet to see a blog from Cie that I didn't like. I wish I could post thoughtful comments on all of them every day. And I wish I had that kind of an output!

Raine said...

What about writing to Science Fiction Book Club and asking them to list it?

jumpinginpuddles said...

ohh raines ideas a good one

knightandbaby said...

If your town had a farmers market or something like that, you could get a space and sell it, like a local book signing... though maybe not a possibility for the sake of anonymity.

Cie Cheesemeister said...

Thank you Amanda.
Raine's idea is a good one. I'll have to look into that.
Knight--in this backasswards hick town they'd be thrusting a stake into the ground and getting some kindling together to burn the witch! I actually would be afraid for the safety of my home.

Anonymous said...

I see, healthy Volksbewusstsein there.

The Lazy Iguana said...

I will get around to reading the book. Really! I promise.

I would stop wasting brain cells thinking about the dingleberry.