Studying for biology final...so brain numbing...I took a break to make these.
You will find that I cook everything in the convection oven, which may seem a bit unusual. My stove sucks and I can't afford a new one just now. So feel free to modify the cooking method to use a skillet if you prefer.
Ingredients:
1 pound of your favorite sausage, thawed
1 tbsp olive oil (essential if cooking in a skillet. For the silicone pan I use in the convection oven, I spray the pan)
1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper (about 1/2 medium sized pepper)
1/2 cup finely chopped onion (I like the red ones. This is about 3/4 of a small onion)
2 cups frozen hash brown shreds
8 eggs, scrambled
8 oz (1 cup) queso dip
6 10 inch flour tortillas
salsa if desired
Cook sausage according to package directions. (I thawed in the microwave and then cooked for 20 minutes at 330 degrees in the convection oven. Then I wiped up most of the grease but left a little for flavoring)
Put hash browns, onion and green pepper in your skillet or pan. Cook for 10 minutes in skillet or 20 in convection oven.
Pour in eggs and cook until almost set. Stir in sausage and prepared queso dip. Cook for another 2-5 minutes or until eggs are set and all is heated through.
Fill and roll each tortilla with the mixture and top with salsa if desired.
Makes 6. I eat one fresh and put the rest in Ziploc bags to have as a handy breakfast when coming home from work.
Yummo!
You will find that I cook everything in the convection oven, which may seem a bit unusual. My stove sucks and I can't afford a new one just now. So feel free to modify the cooking method to use a skillet if you prefer.
Ingredients:
1 pound of your favorite sausage, thawed
1 tbsp olive oil (essential if cooking in a skillet. For the silicone pan I use in the convection oven, I spray the pan)
1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper (about 1/2 medium sized pepper)
1/2 cup finely chopped onion (I like the red ones. This is about 3/4 of a small onion)
2 cups frozen hash brown shreds
8 eggs, scrambled
8 oz (1 cup) queso dip
6 10 inch flour tortillas
salsa if desired
Cook sausage according to package directions. (I thawed in the microwave and then cooked for 20 minutes at 330 degrees in the convection oven. Then I wiped up most of the grease but left a little for flavoring)
Put hash browns, onion and green pepper in your skillet or pan. Cook for 10 minutes in skillet or 20 in convection oven.
Pour in eggs and cook until almost set. Stir in sausage and prepared queso dip. Cook for another 2-5 minutes or until eggs are set and all is heated through.
Fill and roll each tortilla with the mixture and top with salsa if desired.
Makes 6. I eat one fresh and put the rest in Ziploc bags to have as a handy breakfast when coming home from work.
Yummo!


















6 comments:
Warning for those with sensitive stomachs:
AAAAAHHHHHH!!!! HEARTBURN!!!!
Just so you know. I think next time I will use about half the sausage that the recipe calls for. My old stomach just can't digest sausage that well anymore.
I substituted a can of Alpo for the sausage (dogs aren't supposed to eat sausage) and it was good, but I drank and drank and drank water!
My first comment is vanished.
Sausage as in "Wiener" or as in "Pepper-Garlic-Burn-it-to-the-ground"?
Icy,
Dogs are also not supposed to eat paper towels that have been used to clean the little George-Foreman knockoff grill. But mine will get into the trash can and do just that.
Mago,
It was actually mild sausage patties. My stomach just can't tolerate the fat/spices/combination thereof anymore. But sometimes the brain and the taste buds forget this!
Poor you - no more wonker wieners. Heard there was another shooting in Colorado - but not near you?
Dr. Weirsdo sometimes makes something like that, though I think he uses grated cheese instead of queso. It is tasty.
Post a Comment