CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Zombie Time

I have to drag my dead ass out the door and drive the 25 miles northwest to see my parents. Then at about 9:15 I have to drag my dead ass out their door and drive 20 miles west to get to work. Then at about 6:15 a.m. I have to drag my dead ass from work and drive 10 miles east to crawl back into my coffin. Oh lord, me so tired. How long can this go on?

7 comments:

Tom & Icy said...

Wow. It's been years since I've done a geometry problem. This baffles my mind. I assume this traveling is not on level ground. Your work place must be between your home and your parents house. So 25 m to parents and 20 back to work would leave 5, but you drive 10 miles from work to home. I lost 5 miles somewhere. Maybe you take the long way home. Oh, heck. My math is really bad!

Lily Strange said...

My math isn't 100% accurate. It's kind of a triangular path, rather than a circular one. My house is only 10 miles from where I work, but my parents' house is 25 miles from where I live, and is about 20 miles from where I work.

Lily Strange said...

Oh yes, and it isn't on level ground. It isn't San Francisco, but there are a lot of hills.

The Lazy Iguana said...

When I used to have to work the morning shift, I resembled a zombie. Not when the shift would start - I was wide awake at 4 AM. I had not yet gone to sleep you see. For me it was like it was 8 PM to a normal person.

But towards the end of the shift I was starting to look like the undead.

Cie Cheesemeister said...

When I have to work the morning shift, I resemble a suicidal person who needs to be locked up for their own safety--probably because that's what I become. I can't work days. My internal clock is really strange. If I wee to do what comes naturally, I'd go to sleep between one and 3 in the morning and wake up between 10 and one in the afternoon. Which, from a discussion at another blog by a fellow bipolar person, seems to be kind of common among us screwed up brain chemistry folks.

Anonymous said...

Hope this marry-go-round is just a Sunday-exception and not a daily routine!
I find that sleeping-habit quite normal. I go to sleep between 1 and 2 in the morning and get up at 9. As the iguana saied, the end of a morning shift is terrible!

Anonymous said...

So finally it was a successfull ass-draggin'!