CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 22, 2008

Son Home for Holidays

http://TwitPWR.com/personal/

My son is home until January 11. Some of you know about the difficulties he had earlier in the semester that put him behind (he was hospitalized for a week) there is good reason why I think Fort Lewis College is a great school. So he wouldn't end up on academic probation for a situation that wasn't his fault, his counselor advised him to withdraw from his classes and take them again next semester. Yeah, this puts him on the 5 year plan but gives him a real good fresh start. And it shows that Fort Lewis is a place that really is about their students succeeding, not just about taking their money. If you're young and wondering what college you should go to, put Fort Lewis on your list of must check out's. http://www.fortlewis.edu/

Mobile post sent by lilystrange using Utterlireply-count Replies.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

That's really good to hear! I'm very happy for him.

Cie Cheesemeister said...

Thanks!
I may have actually graduated college had I gone to a school like Fort Lewis. I went to one of the big lost-in-the-shuffle schools with too many students. I mostly remember partying way too much and missing a lot of classes and nobody noticed or cared. Fort Lewis has only 4000 students and the classes are small so the professors are actually able to notice if someone is having trouble. I really can't say enough good things about this school.

The Lazy Iguana said...

The 5 year plan is not big deal. I was on a slightly longer plan myself.

Jan 11 is one of those milestone days for me. I get older.

Cie Cheesemeister said...

Heh, I guess that if one considers that the traditional freshman starts college at 18, I'll be on the 27-year-plan by the time I finally graduate!
My milestone is February 15. I become a year older and more immature.