Well, parts of it actually are. But here's what isn't. This crappy cold I keep fighting off. The pain in my muscles. This science class which actually has interesting parts but mostly I keep saying "oh for fuck's sake, I don't CARE about this shit!" Right now I'm waiting to see how long it takes food coloring to diffuse across a petri dish of gelatin. Whoopee! Come 6:30 a.m. I will dispatch the lab to my teacher. And then it's on to the next exciting thing. Solving the mystery of the case of the limp vegetable. I must have a dirty mind because this sounds like a really bad porno.
I'm scraping some money together so I can order a sandwich because I forgot my damn lunch. I hate feeling like this. Which is why I really really really hope the stuff I'm doing online right now pans out. I will know in a few days and if it does I will share my knowledge. I hate the feeling that if I want a fucking sandwich I have to pray that I have the money to get one. I've spent 42 years on this stupid planet and I work hard. Is it too much to ask that I should have the money for a stupid sandwich when I want one??? Or that I should be able to pay my mortgage on my stupid mobile home and pay my phone and electric bill without it being such a damn struggle. I know there are lots of people with similar problems. The working poor. It's bullshit. If you're a hard working person you should be able to have a modest home and basic things without too much of a fight. I don't know about y'all, but Uncle George pockets 21% of each of my paychecks. Guess he figures I can spare $5500 of the grand $26,000 I make a year at my high power job. Glad to support your war, George. Need more to buy yourself a new SUV? Just reach into my pockets. I've obviously got plenty. That's why I live in my blinged out trailer and drive my beat up 94 Ford Escort with the cracked windshield I can't afford to get fixed. It's all for you, Partner!
I'm through whining for now--it doesn't accomplish anything but it feels better to let it loose sometimes. But I can't help thinking of the line from that Bad Company song.
Give me silver, blue and gold
The color of the sky I'm told
My rainbow is overdue.
I've been singing that song (badly) since I was 13 years old.


















3 comments:
I just hope you find a path that leads you to satisfaction with a clear view of the sky.
You have every right to bitch Cie. This world has gone badly wrong. You know, I finally qualified to buy a house in 2001, then I got sick and had to wait 6 months for my pension and SSDI to go thru. When this process started there was housing tract where I lived with brand new 3 bedroom, 2 bath houses that had just been built for 79,995. At the end of that 6 months you could buy a house less than $160,000 anywhere and within another it was double that.And of course my income had dropped by like 60%. The monthly house payments now were more than my income. Of course now rents were going up accordingly too. Everyone went crazy and things just kept getting higher and higher and people just got stupid and kept paying these ridiculous prices. Now we have a shitload of repossessed houses.......... cuase nobodies wages went higher and higher. People are trying to rent these houses at the ridiculous $1800-$2400 a month they arranged to pay for them........Its a mess.How the heck did they figure people that make $12 and hour can pay $450,000 for a house? OF course the prices of everything else has gone up. Used be $20 an hour meant you were rich. Now its still not enough......
There has to be a way to lower the amount they take out in taxes. I always fill out my W-2 claiming zero dependents. This means they take out the maximum. For my actual taxes I claim myself, and I seriously think about claiming the cats and Max the lizard.
Anyway, the last full time job I had was making a whole whopping 12% or so from each check. I would pull in about $500 a week, and they would take slightly over $100 out. I got most, if not all, back.
Talk to HR and find out what the hell is going on there. If you want, you can have $0 taken out for the IRS each paycheck - but then if you owe anything come tax time you have to send a check for the full amount.
You can not do anything about social security, FICA, and medicare/medicade withholding.
Post a Comment