CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Proof that things are only getting weirder

This morning I received this puzzling mess in my email:

Round for a new means of death here is one of woman is a
commonplace old bundle of poverty and would have had no
reason to have taken her own and when the younger ones only
felt the exhilaration of railway travel, are brought to
the very door have been a prized defence, the sweet muse
the frosty air, at an hours distance from my place mitzi
tells you. She tells lies all the time. Hot, and something
called zoner chili. What the tested, inspected, and its
teething troubles already laid eyes on her myself. I was
in a job over to his remark. The italian general nodded
his head of the deputies, on george's island at halifax,
she, i have caused the roof and the bath to be and successful
campaign in which general scott.

Heaven help me...what have I done to deserve this???
Has anyone else received one of these?

7 comments:

Raine said...

if you dont know the sender - dont open it? could be a virus?

Tom & Icy said...

Maybe David Lynch's notes for his next movie.

The Lazy Iguana said...

Sometimes I do. I just delete it.

This is how spam bots gather valid email addresses now. They can fool spam filters with this kind of crap.

Anonymous said...

@ lazy iguana

So this is a machine-made text?

The Lazy Iguana said...

I do not know if it is machine generated or not. Some of it probably is, but I think that some is also created by a person. Something a person creates has a better chance of getting past filters.

This stuff is sent to tens of thousands of accounts. The same mail. So it is not like someone has to create tens of thousands of messages.

I get some great crazy comments. LONG and rambling. I just delete them. Others get the same message. This is why I do not think it is all machine generated. A computer could create different long rambling crazy blog comments - not the same one for everyone.

Anonymous said...

Fascinating: A mixture of some strange and probably derailed brain(s) and machine made madness.

Really: If it is possible, it will be made, at least once.
Thank you for the answer, lazy iguana.

Cie Cheesemeister said...

Unfortunately I can't ignore emails from people I don't know because it might be a reviewer or publicist or someone interested in the book. Otherwise I would, to avoid this sort of stupidity. I don't even have a half-assed idea what it's supposed to mean or promote! So doesn't that defeat the purpose?