I was feeling bummed because my Thanksgiving dinner offerings were all duds. But this soup is a winner. Get out the crock pot and a few easy ingredients and you'll have an easy, delicious soup that even a clod like me can't screw up.
CORN CHOWDER
24 oz chicken broth
16 oz heavy cream
3 cups frozen corn
4 cups mashed potatoes
1 cup diced onions or 1/4 cup dehydrated onions
2 stalks celery
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
Set slow cooker to low and cook for about 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
Also, we had a power outage and a bunch of food spoiled. Stinky! At least it wasn't out for long enough to spoil what was in the freezer. That was still cold.
I should not have eaten that corn dog...indigestion city! When will I learn that yes, my stomach really is 42 years old, just like the rest of me!


















2 comments:
Mmmm. Lammy says it is especially good the second time around. Ruminate it back into the crock pot and reheat it. Especially good if you regurgitate the corn dog in with it. Yummy.
I love corn chowder. And most recipes are pretty easy, although I have had some at a restaurant where they burned the milk. Blech.
Post a Comment