CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Rich?

Well, this dish is. This is an ultra-rich Waldorf Sweet Potato Salad. Unique, and full of fruits and vegetables.

1 small can sweet potatoes
1 8 oz can pineapple, drained with 2 tbsp juice reserved
1 11 oz can mandarin oranges, drained
1 apple, chopped
1/2 cup celery
1/4 cup lite sour cream
1/4 cup lite mayo
1/4 cup chopped walnuts

Warm sweet potatoes in microwave on high for 2 minutes to dissolve sugar. Combine sweet potatoes, pineapple, mandarin oranges, apples and celery. Mix sour cream, mayonnaise and pineapple juice to make dressing. Gently fold sweet potato mixture into dressing and chill. Add walnuts just before serving.

3 comments:

Tom & Icy said...

Then shit like a goose.
I just got one of those new microwave crockpots and it makes ice cream, too!

Anonymous said...

Whuhahhaaa ... :)))

I am sure it tastes damn good. Sellery makes hot, it's an aphrodisiac.

Lily Strange said...

You fellows are certainly far more interesting than I am. I have never shit like a goose, and celery only entertains me with it's crunch, I can't say it has ever made me feel the least bit aroused.
I'm intrigues by the microwave crockpot. Sounds like something I should have!
BTW the geese do shit all over the parks and also graveyards. You've heard the saying a goose walked across your grave? Around here, it's a goose crapped on your grave.