CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thank you!

Something that would like to see happen in my lifetime, but it probably won't, is an end to racism.
But like Jason Whitlock says, it doesn't do any good to blame other races when you're killing your own.
Although he was breaking the law by attempting to enter the United States illegally, Manuel Cordova did the right thing when he helped a boy whose mother had been killed in an accident. This is someone who deserves good luck and I hope he gets it.

5 comments:

Raine said...

There should more guys like that in the world

Anonymous said...

This man Whitlock will have difficulties. He is courageous.

Something completely different: You mentioned over at my blog Mr. Drummond and recited a verse by him. I remember that you wrote about that man and some people that made difficulties because they were afraid of the violation of copyrights.
What do you know about that Mr. Drummond and where do you know it from? I would like to read a text by him and I would like to know about his life. Do you think "Drummond" is a nom-de-guerre?

Cie Cheesemeister said...

Raine,
Agreed.

Mago,
Actually there was no problem with William Drummond's work being used. He died in 1649. The trouble was with a work by Clark Ashton Smith, which was published in 1935. Anything before 1928 is public domain. I couldn't find a current copyright holder for the CAS story I quoted and the magazine it was originally published in no longer exists. Also CAS appears to have no heirs. I don't think it will be a problem, but if one arises in the future I'll try to rectify it. The publishing company went ahead and let me use the quote under fair use rights, as I attributed it to the proper source.
As to William Drummond, I think that's his real name. He was a Scottish poet. You can find an entry for him on Wikipedia.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I mixed these two! Thank you for the information. I will look for both.

Anonymous said...

Came about the "Eltridgedark"-site about Smith and find him a very interesting man.
This site is truely a work of love.