CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Apricot Chicken

At last, another recipe! I have been so depressed recently that I couldn't cook anything that wasn't already prepped. This recipe is sooo hard, you'll never be able to do it. Only a genius like me can!
Kidding. This recipe is so easy, even an idiot like me can do it. Once again, I thank my friend the slow cooker.

APRICOT CHICKEN
6 chicken breasts, 4 oz. each
1/2 cup Russian dressing
1/2 cup Apricot preserves
1/2 envelope onion soup mix
If desired, 1/4 cup each chopped onions and mushrooms
Cook on low for 5-6 hours, stirring every 2 hours

See how hard that is? So easy a child can do it. Now I just need to find a child!
Most onion soup mixes contain the vile substance MSG. In many people (myself included) this causes respiratory distress and/or intestinal distress. It's an excitotoxin, which causes varying degrees of distress in certain people. So I used an organic onion dip mix from Simply Natural, which contains no MSG.
I don't like Russian dressing on salad, but it makes a good dip for chicken strips or chicken nuggets. Thousand Island is only good on Reuben sandwiches or Big Macs.

6 comments:

The Lazy Iguana said...

You are like the master of the crock pot. I need to get one of those things.

Cie Cheesemeister said...

The slow cooker is second only to the microwave as the lazy person's favorite cooking tool!

Anonymous said...

Russian dressing?
No wodka in my chicken! Drunk chicks - that's another think, but no booze in my kitchen!

Have a good week!

The Lazy Iguana said...

I need to get a crock pot. That is all there is to it.

The problem is that I do not cook anything, or even think about food, unless I am hungry. So this whole "start cooking 5 hours before you are hungry" thing seems strange to me.

I keep visiting your forest every day.

Anonymous said...

Scrap it from the road, throw it in the micro. Eat after "Ding". Add salt, drink beer.

Anonymous said...

Road Kill in the Microwave. Yum. But I must admit, road kill in a crock pot is good because it is a clay pot that absorbs the essence of previously cooked meals and adds strange flavors, smells and microbes. But if the cat knocks it over while you're gone it will cook the cats. Yum. Almost as good as road kill.