CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The Walking Dead

Welcome to the realm of the walking dead! Thanks to everybody who has helped me with my assignment, and I'm sorry I've been a bit remiss in answering comments. I'm still one of the walking dead. I was exhausted but couldn't fall asleep until about 1:30 this afternoon. I was due to pick my son up at 3:15...ooops....that's when I woke up. Luckily he isn't a little kid so I could tell him to just hold tight and I'd be there soon.
I made my son an exciting late afternoon snack/early dinner of hamburger and mashed potatoes and then went back to sleep. I woke up to Son saying to me "do you have to work tonight?"
"Yep."
"Well, it's 9:30."
I had to be at work at 10. I found a pair of pants and threw a lab coat over the t-shirt I was wearing, not even bothering to find a bra. It's a thick t-shirt, I'm not busty, and the lab coat will hide anything that people might find offensive.
I checked how much paid time off I have, thinking that it's really time I took a week. I have a day and a half. And it doesn't accrue very fast. Shit. Spent the rest of it helping my family out over the past couple of years.
And there is another chapter in my too thrilling life. I am not one in a million, I am one OF a million. There are lots of zombies roaming around these days.

7 comments:

The Lazy Iguana said...

I often resemble a zombie. Sometimes I even talk like Frankenstein.

Do you have any sick days?

yellowdoggranny said...

hmm,I may have to buy me a lab coat...if it will hide my titties..
sorry i havent been by..since i have you on my favorites instead of my blog roll i keep forgetting to come by..think i will put you on my blog roll but under an assumed name...wanna pick one?

yellowdoggranny said...

hmm,I may have to buy me a lab coat...if it will hide my titties..
sorry i havent been by..since i have you on my favorites instead of my blog roll i keep forgetting to come by..think i will put you on my blog roll but under an assumed name...wanna pick one?

tsduff said...

I hate how time-off accrues so slowly. I actually think it accrues negatively, which would explain why I never have any...

Amanda said...

Shifts even have this effect on people who aren't bipolar, and who actually receive 6 weeks of paid vacation along with their overtime...that's how evil them shifts are...

Cie Cheesemeister said...

LI,
At my company they don't give you sick days AND vacation, they give you "paid time off." And as Terry said, it accrues veeerrrrry sloooowly. I used most of it last year when I was helping my parents after my mother had hip replacement surgery. Then I took a couple days when I ended up in the ER for what turned out to be wax pushing against my eardrum. That was a relief--I thought I was having a stroke or a brain tumor or something! And I took a couple more days when my mother had her eye surgery. Currently I have a day and a half. Pretty worthless.

Jackie,
I think what I'll do is let you link to my Lily Strange blogs and I'll remember to come by and post as Cheesemeister to remind you about this one. I hate to be so paranoid, but I'd have to go postal if that fucking troll got in here.

Amanda,
Six weeks of paid vacation would be amazing! I get approximately a week to 10 days of paid time off per year. Lame!

Raine said...

thats not much time off. I used to get 3.5 weeks vacation or "annual leave" and 2.5 weeks sick leave and it still didnt seem to be enough. I feel for ya