This is a real easy one to make in the slow cooker. The only thing is, you have to be careful not to overcook it, which is easy to do.
For every 1 cup of frozen tortellini, add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of seasoned mixed vegetables. If you can't find seasoned mixed vegetables, use any kind of mixed vegetables you enjoy and add a tablespoon of Italian seasoning for every cup of the other ingredients. If you like meat, add 1 Polish or Italian sausage for every cup of the other items. I made 9 cups worth of each because it was for a pot luck. For that amount of ingredients, cook on low for about 3 hours. I went a little over that and the tortellini got sticky. It still tasted all right but I would have preferred it a little firmer.
Cut up the sausage. Toss the ingredients with olive oil and parmesan cheese.
The leftovers will make a good pasta salad the following day. Mix with some greens and a little Caeser dressing. I like the oil and vinegar Caeser better than the creamy kind. Italian or a vinaigrette would also work well.
Sorry it seems like I only put recipes on this blog. I really don't feel like getting involved with political controversy lately. Lily's blog is probably controversial enough. And then there's my business blog, which is boring and not at all controversial but somewhat time consuming. So, probably no controversy here.


















5 comments:
I'd make that if someone would actually eat it....I updated my last post, you might want to play the little game on there
I have decided that I hate to cook. I love to eat. It's a problem.
I love stuff from a crock pot. It's like chewing a cud.
I can make a grilled cheese sandwich. I think I want one now.
Sounds delicious. I have a similar, non-slow cooker recipe for kielbasa stew. No tortelini though.
Post a Comment